G. I Hopley Ltd specialise in providing a wide range of construction services including: Design and Build, Refurbishment, Education, Historical Buildings, Civil Engineering, Utility Solutions, Clean & Waste Water Management, Demolition & Remediation Services, Asbestos Survey & Removal
The promotion of a safe and healthy working environment is a priority objective of the Company and ultimate responsibility for health & safety rests with the Managing Director, Steven Hopley. In addition it is the duty and a condition of employment that all employees of the Company take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their actions, or omissions at work.
To achieve our health & safety goal, we will:
- Commit to prevention of injury and ill health and continual improvement in occupational health & safety management and performance, make available funding to allow for staff training, including refresher training, to keep staff up to date with all aspects of their role(s)
- Operate at all times in accordance with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which the Company subscribes that relate to OH&S hazards;
- Promote a positive safety culture & consultation with employees and appointed contractors on changes that may affect their health & safety;
- Set & Review targets & objectives for health & safety performance;
- Encourage initiative & adopt best practice in a culture where employees and managers are aware of individual health & safety responsibilities.
The allocations of duties for health & safety matters and particular arrangements, which are made to implement this policy, are set out in the Integrated Management System documentation.
This policy will be reviewed annually, in March, to ensure it remains relevant & appropriate to the Company operations. It shall also be subject to revision, as necessary at other times, to account for changes in health & safety legislation or changes in business nature and size.
Our Health & Safety Policy is publicly available and issued to all employees and a copy displayed at Company premises.